Monday, March 30, 2020

Y N0t 2 #28-A Thoughtful Passage On Thinking

Today's blog will feature a very thoughtful passage that has been thought of by yours truly.
I think that amidst this outbreak, students really need to take time to think about the huge amount of work given to them.  In some classes, teachers think that students think that their specific class is the only one supplying a ton of work.  However, if those teachers took time out of their busy schedules of grading papers, thinking of how to respond to emails, and thinking about how it sucks to not have any baseball, they would come to realize that they are thinking about things all wrong: less work would allow students to focus more, nay, think harder about specific assignments rather than spitting out nonsense that they hope, nay, think will get them a good grade.  Mr. Schick, I do think, has been one of the more considerate ones by truly thinking of the student when assigning work.  He gives one assignment nearly every class period, an idea that I think is a much more reasonable expectation to set upon students.  I also think that some teachers think that only assigning work in their class and not sending a message or email is a better idea than truly stopping to think Hmmm, maybe I should think about making clear the assignment for today, rather than just thinking that students will just think to check my class specifically.  These are my thoughts that I thought about while pondering, nay, thinking on this topic.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you think I am on the right track, which means a lot to me. It is also nice to see you doing blogs every day again, which means YOU are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete

Y N0t 21 #0-The Final Act

So this is it.  Huh.  As much as I used to hate having to do blogs (since I would always forget to do them), I'm going to miss this thin...