Thursday, June 4, 2020

Y N0t 21 #0-The Final Act

So this is it.  Huh.  As much as I used to hate having to do blogs (since I would always forget to do them), I'm going to miss this thing.  Maybe I can do something with it next year or something.  I don't know.  Anyway, this post's going out to my future self.  Ha, I say that like anyone besides Mr. Schick will read this.  So, this year, well, it was something.  It started off pretty well, got progressively worse, and now we are in quarantine and there are riots everywhere.  As for myself, again, it started off pretty well, then I focused way too much on the social aspect of school and just gave up on everything else.  This quarantine thing, and a bit of common sense, knocked me out of my state of delusion.  I realized that I really needed to work again in order to basically just avoid becoming a failure.  I started really working out again, am currently trying to eat better, and will end this last quarter with three A's and no D's.  Hopefully, if I did well on my math test, I will also have no C's.  I still hate that I convinced myself into thinking that everything would be okay with the grades I had and that every year before this I did so much better.  I really started falling off last year because I knew I was leaving my other school and "no college cares about middle school grades."  Well, they do care about high school and I could have royally messed everything up that I had going for me: my scholarship for academics, baseball, and even a feeling of satisfaction with my life.  Hopefully things really are turning around.  Also, note for the future: DON'T LEAVE YOUR PHONE AT PITCHING LESSONS.  It's the last week of school and I don't have a phone until tomorrow.  Bruh.
Getting away from my life, let's talk about everything else going on.  Twitter is just a depressing thing to look at (that's a surprise).  Some police officers are doing some horrible stuff to peaceful protestors.  Trump is still president, so there's something.  However, people are still calling him a lot of bad things.  I kind of hope the more outlandish ones don't turn out to be true after telling people off and calling them stupid for believing anything they hear from the internet.  Baseball should hopefully be coming back soon.  Even if it's just a 50 game season or whatever, I still want to see the Dodgers win it all.  Do the Dodgers win a World Series before 2045 or whenever I open this (if I do; I hope I do, but I'll probably forget about this).  I also hope that I have a nice job and house and a family and stuff by that age.  Otherwise I think I'm screwed.  I hope you remember to look at this, me.  I hope that you can look back at this from a good place in life, and look at this time as the point where everything started to get better and how crazy the first half of this year was.
I'm pretty sure I took this more seriously than other people, and I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.  Maybe?  I don't know, maybe someone else talking about more than Oh man with this quarantine.  Well, time to bs my way through the rest of this assignment.
I also don't know how to end this.  Is this a good stopping point?  Should I go back and delete this and the last paragraph?  Should I just get rid of one or the other?  Should I just leave it in.  I guess I'll leave it in.  I don't know, maybe I'll just keep this because, Y N0t?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y N0t 21 #0-The Final Act

So this is it.  Huh.  As much as I used to hate having to do blogs (since I would always forget to do them), I'm going to miss this thin...