Sunday, September 29, 2019

Y N0t #14.5- I Ran Out of Words on the Last One so I'm Just Going to Talk About Absolute and Relative Location Here

As you might be able to tell from the obnoxiously long title, I ran out of room in Y N0t #14, so I made this to talk about absolute and relative location.  Maps are a communication tool to convey the distribution of human activities or physical features.  These maps have two main purposes: absolute and relative location.  Absolute location is a position as expressed in degrees, minutes, and seconds of latitude (north and south of the equator) and longitude (east or west of the Prime Meridian).  Relative location is the regional position or situation of a place relative to the position of other places.
Some important parallels of latitude include the Arctic Circle, 66° 34' (66.57°) N; the Tropic of Cancer, 23° 26' (23.43°) N; the equator, (0° N/S); the Tropic of Capricorn, 23° 26' (23.43°) S; and the Antarctic Circle, 66° 34' (66.57°) S.

1 comment:

  1. I know that this is late, but I did do two blogs and got the degree symbol on the important parallels part, so I think this deserves to count as on time.

    ReplyDelete

Y N0t 21 #0-The Final Act

So this is it.  Huh.  As much as I used to hate having to do blogs (since I would always forget to do them), I'm going to miss this thin...