Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Y N0t #15-Map Quiz + Longitude and Time Zones

Today we had a quiz on the maps from  Y N0t #11.  Every single person in the class was studying in the 15 minutes before class since we had either forgotten or were just making sure we had all the countries down.  I myself think I did pretty well; I do not think that I got a 100%, but I still think I got an A.  Once everyone finished the quiz, we did a recap on latitude and the important parallels on the map (Equator, Tropic of Capricorn, and the other three).  Then we started on longitude.  Longitude is measured in meridians and unlike parallels in latitude, these meridians are not even all the way around Earth; they are the farthest apart from each other at the equator.  Instead of having the Equator as its central point, longitude has the Prime Meridian.  Longitude helps divide countries into different time zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y N0t 21 #0-The Final Act

So this is it.  Huh.  As much as I used to hate having to do blogs (since I would always forget to do them), I'm going to miss this thin...