Thursday, September 26, 2019

Y N0t #12-Begining of Site

Today we quickly went over the blog from yesterday (the two map things we had to do and screenshot).  We also went over site, which is one way that geographers describe where different things are by using physical characteristics of a location.  An example of this would be saying that Australia is in the south east portion of the world and mostly made up of things such as deserts, which means that it has a very dry climate.  Mr. Schick talked about how Chicago became one of the biggest cities in the country by being in contact with one of the great lakes, which gives it access to the ocean.  When the U.S. was first forming, boat was the most efficient way of transporting goods over long distances (especially from different countries).  Having access to the ocean meant that most goods sent to the Midwest would go through Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Schick, you can probably tell by the fact that this is posted on the 26th that it's late. This is because I had started the blog in the car on the way from school to my workout and I didn't get home until 7 and I had forgotten to finish it. I know that it's still late, but I thought I'd explain why.

    ReplyDelete

Y N0t 21 #0-The Final Act

So this is it.  Huh.  As much as I used to hate having to do blogs (since I would always forget to do them), I'm going to miss this thin...